Wednesday, April 20, 2011

THE AFTER SANKOFA PARTY....

 After 4 sold out performances, the Morgan family held a party for all those who participated in Sankofa.  For the first time it took place in our barn.
After we finished eating, Clyde (#2)'s son started playing the big blue drum I made out of a plastic barrel.  Before too long his sister, father and Marcus joined in.  Turned into quite a jam.
 Many took turns.  I went back in the house and brought out my Irish drum, a tambourine, shakers and more sticks.
 It definitely brought out the smiles.
 What a pleasure it was to meet these very talented kids.




Each time we played, the bass drum started...then the sangba and finally the djembe.  Spontaneous and in a real groove.  People were dancing.  There is something to be said for drumming.

It could have gone on longer, but several had to drive back to New York City.  


3 comments:

Haddock said...

Nothing like getting into the beat.

Anonymous said...

I watched it. Awesome.

Is that you sitting at the drum.

Your a young mite of a lady.

Are they your sons????

Yes they play good.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hello
you do not know me,, I am a friend of Kim at Golden Pines- and found your awsome blog- and drumming,,, and I love admire that you all do it!
tweedles mommy